Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Rock flower anemones

I know y'all are probably tired of me posting, but I have another update!! Weird things happening.

Also found out last night the green one is a male. I have just one female currently ready to make baby nems. I looked in on them today and the female has tiny "things" (looks like eggs) moving around inside her disc and into some tentacles...I'm hoping this is some part of the breeding process. Anyone ever see this in a RFA before? Should I be excited or concerned!? Tons of them and the males don't have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #112
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Yeah that should be right. Next stage would be free swimming larvae. Then it would plant into a 'polyp' before settling and developing into a juvenile anemone.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:01 AM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Make sure not to forget safeguarding the filter intake from new babies!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is awesome Sand dollar. Congrats on the new babies. Cant wait to see the little nems on their journey to adulthood. Keep the pictures coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Rock flower anemones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Make sure not to forget safeguarding the filter intake from new babies!
. Yes!! This tank was set up expecting babies so I have a breeder screen/tank devider between the nems and the filter. Hope it works, if they are small enough to fit through then they probably wouldn't survive anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdonaldson View Post
That is awesome Sand dollar. Congrats on the new babies. Cant wait to see the little nems on their journey to adulthood. Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks! I hope I'm not getting excited for nothing. I hear they can be sensitive and release early if disturbed with sudden changes. Will try to keep water stable while also feeding well to help support mama and babies!! Here's a short video, you can see hundreds of these "eggs" moving around in her, if you look at the tentacles on the left and top you can see some are crammed full of eggs. Unbelievable, I don't expect all or even most to make it to baby nem phase but even a small percentage of this would yield awesome results!!

Old 03-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Apparently the video didn't upload correctly, I will have to figure that out.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:49 AM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Do more frequent but less % pwc to keep the water good but not change parameters (you probably already know that!). I am almost holding my breath for these little guys!!! What a very exciting thing to see.

How about checking on Shirakura - 'Chi Ebi' baby shrimp food. I don't really know any other smaller foods and trying spot feeding when they move from the mom, if that would help them grow...or do they just need light?

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand dollar View Post
. Yes!! This tank was set up expecting babies so I have a breeder screen/tank devider between the nems and the filter. Hope it works, if they are small enough to fit through then they probably wouldn't survive anyway.

Thanks! I hope I'm not getting excited for nothing. I hear they can be sensitive and release early if disturbed with sudden changes. Will try to keep water stable while also feeding well to help support mama and babies!! Here's a short video, you can see hundreds of these "eggs" moving around in her, if you look at the tentacles on the left and top you can see some are crammed full of eggs. Unbelievable, I don't expect all or even most to make it to baby nem phase but even a small percentage of this would yield awesome results!!

The video did work. You have to click on follow link and it will take you to photobucket to play the video.

Nice video to. The nems are beautiful but I really could'nt see the babies. I guess they are to small at this stage. Good luck with them anyways. I hope you get a lot of survivors. That has to be awesome to watch the spawning and watching the nabies grow up.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 AM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am having one of these delivered tomorrow (see the link in my sig and go to page 7 for a pic of it). I don't have time right now to read this entire thread (sneaking a peak at work), but want to know what you guys are feeding your RFAs, and how often.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am thinking about setting up a RFA tank, what size tank is best and what equipment would i need?

Tags
anemone, anemones, flow, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com