Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the support everyone! It is quite the journey. While very exciting, it is also kind of stressful wondering day to day if they will make it. Here's a video of the mama nem delivering more babies tonight!! She just keeps popping them out!
http://youtu.be/Ts4SMzcB8cY

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh you lucky dog :cool:
I would be in pure heaven letting them take over all the bare spots on the rocks ,
my problem is every nem I have decided the cave is the place to be but at the back entrance where I only get small glances once in a while

mine were small once they are now giants !

at least some of them :D

This guy sprawled out is like 24 in think of a man hole cover .

I have 8 now 9 is in the works if he can avoid from being dinner.

they are good with coral / nems / inverts / fish

it's fun seeing them reach out at feedings
this guy is my oldest when I got him he was a mere 3 inch that was 5 years ago

Mine got pretty big too until I was convinced it was a fish catcher. I never had the proof, just assumed. Very cool dudes though! He was a brittle, not a serpent.
fskgWdI.jpg

BMqQ5pA.jpg

Thanks for the support everyone! It is quite the journey. While very exciting, it is also kind of stressful wondering day to day if they will make it. Here's a video of the mama nem delivering more babies tonight!! She just keeps popping them out!
http://youtu.be/Ts4SMzcB8cY

Very nice video Sand dollar. Thanks for sharing that experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I received 5 new rfa's today. So excited for them to get comfy in there new home.

Attachments

• 1459883481735.jpg
    1459883481735.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 1459883493664.jpg
    1459883493664.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 74
I been trying to find a place that sells them by bulk for better pricing but no such luck ,
I can trade out my long tentacle green nem and get a straight trade for 6 , I just don't know if I want to let him go . Those guys are sweet , I like how you have them clustered is that how you plan on keeping them .

Yea if they stay that way. Im waiting to see if they are going to move it stay in that place.

Autumn try VIP Reef, they have some nice ones at reasonable prices. That's where i purchased mine.

That's awesome bdonaldson! I love "window shopping" at VIP, but I'm waiting to move tanks and buy enough so I don't have to pay shipping. How big are they from VIP? The ultra ones always seem to be smaller than the green and tan/white ones at my LFS. It's hard to tell on their website, like 1-2 inches diameter or 2-3or4 inches?

3 of them were in the 1-1/2" range the other 2 were in the 3-4" range. Last time i checked on them last night only one was opened up all the way. I'm hoping that when i get home today from work that they are all opened up and settle in.

Ok got home today from work and the new rfa's moved to new locations. One of them settled ontop of a starpolyp on a piece of a sea shell. Oops. Will have to try and get him off of that. Two of the others are on rocks and the other two are on the front glass. Yikes! That makes three on the front glass now.

My LFS told me an ice cube on the foot of the anenome works well. He was correct.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Here is some pictures of the rfa's in my ten gallon tank under the actinics.

Attachments

• 1460112391221.jpg
    1460112391221.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 92
  • 1460112442034.jpg
    1460112442034.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 1460112520984.jpg
    1460112520984.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 1460112611849.jpg
    1460112611849.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 148
You have some really nice ones! I love the variety and how the colors glow under the blues!! So glad you are enjoying them as much as me ?

Back
Top Bottom