Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took a while to find this thread but better late than never?!

Here is my collection....

Took a while to find this thread but better late than never?!

Here is my collection....

Great colors and nice variety!!!

Did you get a bulk buy or have you been collecting them for awhile? How long have you been keeping RFA?

Seems you have a few baby / young ones? Tell us how and what you feed them? Any fish in there, inverts? Tell all about them please!

Looking good!(y)

Here is my one little guy with his 4 little Sexy Shrimp friends.

60074-albums14535-picture70572.jpg

Did you get a bulk buy or have you been collecting them for awhile? How long have you been keeping RFA?

Seems you have a few baby / young ones? Tell us how and what you feed them? Any fish in there, inverts? Tell all about them please!

Looking good!(y)

I've been collecting for about 3 years or so. It's been hard as we don't get them often in the UK but i found someone local who had been importing from Aqua SD i think.

The tank is only 60 litres (15 gallons) with filtration in rear. I've used black gravel as a substrate, it's been brilliant because it's very easy to spot and move baby RFA's. I had probably over a hundred born in my tank however alot of them just seem to dissappear.

Had a few problems recently with flatworm and some of my anemones melting which i still haven't found the cause of.

I feed mysis, reef roids and fish eggs. Only one fish - regal damsel and only inverts are stomatella snails and mini brittlestars.

(2xpink, 1 green, 1 orange and one orange and yellow are my babies)

Current crop of young ones

Those are gorgeous! You know how to make me jealous!! What lighting do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looking good!(y)

Been collecting for about 3 years, been hard as don't come up often in the UK. Found someone local who i think was importing from Aqua SD.

There kept in a 30"x20"x8"tall 50 litre (15 US gallons) tank with filtration in the rear. It's lit with dual Kessil A360w. I use black gravel as a substrate which is great as it's very easy to spot and move baby anemones. I've probably had over 100 born in my tank but alot seem to just dissappear which is annoying.

I've had a few problems recently with flatworm and some of my anemones melting which i still haven't found the cause of.

Only one fish - regal damsel. Only inverts are stomatella snails and mini brittlestars

Here are some of babies born in my tank

2xpink, 1 green, 1 orange and 1 orange/yellow

And current crop of youngsters

Thanks!

Here are some better pictures of some of my favourites....

Those are beautiful specimens. Love all that color. I have RFA's and I'm hoping to set up a larger tank for them so I can get some more. What do you feed yours? Do you sell your babies?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I feed them mysis, lobster/fish eggs and reef roids. I haven't sold any babies yet, my plan is to build up a nice breeding stock then start selecting the nicest specimens to continue breeding and sell the rest....this is probably a several year plan as the babies grow very slowly. I've enjoyed seeing what colours pop up in the babies.

wow now I'm jealous , After my trigger went ballistic on all my RFA I moved what survived over to my reef that was around 4 , I intend on buying another bunch sometime once my pockets have a few extra bucks in them ,
the remodel downstairs killed me 3 months and still doing the finishing touches,
yet some how I still find time for my tanks , I miss my big impulse buys every month on my tanks . boy I spoil myself.

Been collecting for about 3 years, been hard as don't come up often in the UK. Found someone local who i think was importing from Aqua SD.

There kept in a 30"x20"x8"tall 50 litre (15 US gallons) tank with filtration in the rear. It's lit with dual Kessil A360w. I use black gravel as a substrate which is great as it's very easy to spot and move baby anemones. I've probably had over 100 born in my tank but alot seem to just dissappear which is annoying.

I've had a few problems recently with flatworm and some of my anemones melting which i still haven't found the cause of.

Only one fish - regal damsel. Only inverts are stomatella snails and mini brittlestars

Here are some of babies born in my tank

2xpink, 1 green, 1 orange and 1 orange/yellow

And current crop of youngsters

Wonderfully detailed pics! Glad you are here!

Love the little sunshine orange and yellow baby, though ALL of the RFA grown and babies are amazing.

Too many things happening and the last one on the list for me is that SW tank upgrade. Finding the time to move everything is difficult atm.

My one little guy was really happy the last 2 days as I moved my light on the tank to a different position which it seems to really like and opened up about 1/3rd more than usual.

These RFA are just the best!!! Love them!

Here is some pictures i took over the course of a year or so following the colour change of one of my baby RFA's...

Green one on the left...

That was great to see the changing - still pretty much the same but a little different with gaining on maturity.

Don't forget to share any more cool pics!

Back
Top Bottom