Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i never run whites on my rock flower tank, seems pointless! Look great under blues.

Wow, such a wonderful thing to see.

Looks like I will be getting 5 common RFA in an order this week on Friday!!! Plus other treats for the SW. Finally!

New additions!!!

Well here are the new guys.
Commons were 10 and fancy glows under actinic 30 minus 15% discount plus $35 overnight shipping but I got a bunch of stuff! (red one I already had)

60074-albums14597-picture70671.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70670.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70673.jpg

Here is a good shot of the Lettuce Nudibranch (slug)
60074-albums14597-picture70675.jpg

So far this is my favorite common one
60074-albums14597-picture70674.jpg

Beauty shot under actinic lights - this is the fancy one
60074-albums14597-picture70672.jpg

Last edited:
Oops, got the pics messed up and had to fix them.

So the small one is the fancy one, I wanted a prettier small one.

There are a lot of white on these. Some benefit as the sand is pink. Though was hoping for a little more variety. But I did pick mostly commons. The dark green center is exceptional in my book, I love it. The special fancy one is really stunning but not open all the way. The huge one hasn't opened up all the way yet but it will be quite large.

You can see in the blue overhead down shot they all seem to have just a little bit of color in the actinic light. It doesn't show up well in the cell pics though.

The big one with the white center opened wide right away and has mostly stayed that way all day.

Overall the RFA's are excellent specimens and John at Reef Cleaners tried to pick a varied group with differing color/pattern and I appreciate his extra effort to do that for me, like I hoped he would. Before shipping, the fancy one actually didn't want to come off the plastic bin it was in, so he cut the bin around the RFA's foot so it wouldn't get injured. They were excellently packaged and arrived with all the extra stuff in great shape. Pleased overall with the scary experience of having SW creatures shipped to my front door. Yipee!!!!

Yes, they are really crazy expensive! It is supposedly have been $65. here. Though the common brown or greenish and white ones are running around $45.

I did just talk with a local store which says they are going to be getting some of the commons for $12-15 (but I have been waiting a year and a half for some of those!) Never available!

My red-orange fringe green center was ~$35.

The big white fringe one moved up on the front of the glass and then back down and cozied up with the fancy one again!

Dark green center moved even further over so maybe 9" across the tank.

3 of them moved again - one a couple inches, but the others just a little. The big frilly white one has really sunk it's foot down deep next to the fancy I will get a pic, it is a little bit humorous. So it seems that one is set now.

Well I had the Fancy one move numerous times. While I was away on a trip for a week it moved again )and seemed it was in a corner with little light and and not really opened enough.)

I moved the light to make sure it was getting some and it opened up nicely. today.

THEN!!!!! I went to look at it a minute ago and there was a BABY just like it about a 1/4 inch opened wide in the Chaeto OMGG I am now hoping if it had any more!

I dont really know what to do to keep track of it as it is small and my tank looks like a jungle right now.

Just under the Caulerpa leaf in the Chaoeto to the lower right.

And the photo bombing Clown Goby wanting to know what's going on!

SO excited!!!

60074-albums14597-picture70714.jpg

Heard some hub bub about possible interesting SW critters at lfs big box store.

Went to the local store. $14.99

Found this one RFA mis-labeled as a long tentacle. Got them to change the price which was lower for what it actually is.

Full tank shot now have 8 including the baby which I saw this morning in the Chaeto.

It already has a Sexy Shrimp friend! 2nd fts.

60074-albums14597-picture70720.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70724.jpg

it has a bright darkish orange foot
60074-albums14597-picture70721.jpg

acclimating
60074-albums14597-picture70718.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice @Autumnsky. It does have some long tentacles for a rock flower. Curious to see it grown and possibly turn color though I have seen white rock flowers before.

Here are some LQ phone pics of my new RFA. Photos don't do justice. It has a white/grey/purple skirt, and a fiery red/orange center. Hope to get some better photos with my camera soon.
Q1boi5e.jpg

Hg2XOrb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom