Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are some LQ phone pics of my new RFA. Photos don't do justice. It has a white/grey/purple skirt, and a fiery red/orange center. Hope to get some better photos with my camera soon.
Q1boi5e.jpg

Hg2XOrb.jpg

Well Paul, even the LQ pics aren't bad! Very nice.

That RFA is just plain white and it is nearly 4.5" size already. Doubt it will get any more color. It is a very common, not florescent at all.
~~~
Even some of my other common or non fancy ones have nice florescence here or there in blue light.

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

The baby is still wide open each day and looking healthy as far as I could say. Keep reading that so any of the babies just disappear. I moved the Chaeto mass it was in though left it inside but moved some of the Chaeto back a little so it could still get decent light.

Today fed some powdered Hikari Fry food First Bites, I have been doing that about one time every week /1.5 weeks. Now that there is a baby I might feed a little less of it but do that each week, followed up the next morning with a pwc.

As for the baby will get a better pic and post it soon.

The white /orange foot, scooted about 5" to the position in the last shot against the glass. stayed right there...so far :)

Just getting a few of RFA in the tank has made me so much happier watching it. It isn't like they really do much though, lol. But fun to see them anyhow.

The last 2 days almost all my rock nems decided they were going to hide in crevices in the rock , kind of odd but all parameters are spot on and I know they'll pop out again , I'm thinking it was because I added a wave maker that changes currents

I finally got my Kessil for my rock flower tank and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner, they look sooo sooo much better under LED. But I'm glad I waited because Kessil just came out with the A80 which was much cheaper but perfect size for my 14 gallon and looks just as great as the 160. Hope my RFAs love it as much as I do!!

Seaweed - How are the RFA's?

Sand dollar - Thanks for sharing the info about the light. I will look that up and check it out!

RFA - The new white one just kept moving around and was never happy. It looks dead now and it was moved to the 6.6G Edge macro Algae tank.

The little baby rfa hasn't been getting as much light since it slid down a bit. I started giving it a little extra light. It doesn't look as brightly colored as it did when I found it. Will try and move it to a sea scallop shell filled with sand to give it a base to grab as it grows (if it stays there).

I figured out why they started hiding ,I look into the caves in my rock work I see nothing but baby's hanging upside down in there now waiting for them to come out and fill up all my rocks again

I figured out why they started hiding ,I look into the caves in my rock work I see nothing but baby's hanging upside down in there now waiting for them to come out and fill up all my rocks again

Yay! You have babies!?!! I was hoping for some late fall/winter bAbies but nothing so far :(

Here are some pictures under the new lighting...I love how vibrant the colors look now. Most of them have been doing great, but the three red ones I got from reeftopia a while back are bleaching out. I'm hoping that they were used to higher lighting and the new light will help them bounce back and color back up. Also trying to feed more frequently because I kind of slacked on that since school started back. But the rest of them still look happy and healthy so I'm not sure what the cause is.

A little blurry but I love these two!

My biggest baby (one of the only few left :()

One of my bleached, it used to be a deep red now it's almost see through pink

I've heard of a chap who says his oldest one is over 10 years old, think he said something like 12 or 14 years.

I've had a few randomly melt, i've never found the cause but i suspected overfeeding.

Don't have many babies at the moment, of them all this one is the most interesting, very odd tentacle colour - not see anything like it before.

getmealemon - That is a really unusual pattern AND color.

Bdonaldson - Can't wait to see the new Flowers!

My fancy little one popped off the side top of the tank after a feilter leak dropped the water a couple inches and now is at the bottom of the tank, which I much prefer. We shall see what it thinks!

The big newest white one seems dead. The older one which was mostly white when I got it looks more like brown with cream color.

Today they all looked great, open wide and seemed happy.

Hey guys I'm really starting to get into these! I only have 2 currently in my 20 gallon but man my sexy shrimp love themIMG_0513.jpg

Autumn, what makes your new white one look dead? Will it take any food? Is the foot still attached to something?

Getmealmon - that's a beautiful baby, it looks like there is another tiny one just below it to the left.

Bdonaldson - where are pics of your new ones? Can't wait to see!

Bribo - those are great RFA! Be careful, they are easily addicting!

Back
Top Bottom