Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
makes it sound like a couple days should be OK. Keep an eye on it, feed it, and if it doesn't look distressed, don't worry...

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple things...
Do a couple/few pwc over a week to reduce nutrients in the water, increase water flow if possible and do not feed. Only lights off for a couple days and light Bulbs probably need replacing (not sure which kind of lights you have). Don't forget to go lightly on the lighting intensity /photo period after having the lights off for a few days! Especially if you change out the bulbs (stronger /more spectrum and brighter like if they are CFL).

Thank you all for the info. I am running LED's on this tank. I will ramp them up slowly when I turn them back on. Definitely will do the water changes to.

Recently I added a little mineral block (Sea-lab 28) to the tank, and changed the prepared SW I purchase and the RFA look amazing.

Not sure which one is the most help but I think I will keep going to that store, still slightly considering making my own Saltwater, seems easy enough.

The last order including RFA netted me ZERO RFA but 2 new Anemone Shrimp and 2 new Pom Pom Crabs (so tiny.)

I think I might try the next level cost the first level is Plain - 14.99 and the next is 18-24.99, don't recall atm, last year pricing. Maybe will have more chance of getting more of them.

Would have to drive about an hour each way to get them picked up.

Been away for a while, had a big problem with tank that i couldn't figure out causing me to lose many anemones. Think i found the culprit - rusty magnets on frag racks.

Tank has been setup again for a month or so and no further losses so hoping that was it.

All the surviving anemones had lost alot of size and colour but that seems to be improving slowly. Interestingly i didn't lose any of the established babies.

Still waiting for signs of any spawning. Have about 30 nems in total but i would guess only 12 or so are old/big enough.

Pics of some of the older babies

Slightly newer babies

And a new purchase....this one glows, hard to capture fully in picture!

Pics didn't load correctly!!! Try again please.

So sorry you had issues and lost some. Very sad news. Hope you get some more spawning soon.

Been away for a while, had a big problem with tank that i couldn't figure out causing me to lose many anemones. Think i found the culprit - rusty magnets on frag racks.

Tank has been setup again for a month or so and no further losses so hoping that was it.

All the surviving anemones had lost alot of size and colour but that seems to be improving slowly. Interestingly i didn't lose any of the established babies.

Still waiting for signs of any spawning. Have about 30 nems in total but i would guess only 12 or so are old/big enough.

Pics of some of the older babies

Slightly newer babies

And a new purchase....this one glows, hard to capture fully in picture!

Well my new RFA's are in! They dont seem to like the rock as they keep jumping off into the sandbed even with the wavemaker off. So i made a little tupperware bed for them with some sand

Cant believe its been so long since I've check in on this thread. GrandAmber, how are your RFA doing?? They are truly addictive!!

Getmealemon, did you ever figure out what was happening with your RFA that were dying? About 3 of mine have been shrinking and bleaching, but the rest look big and happy. Trying to do more water changes to see if freshening things up might help. Love your little babies though!! I have about 5 small ones from the last spawning, trying to target feed more often. Only one left from mg initial spawning, but it is getting BIG and oh so pretty and colorful.

It's summer again! So I'm off work, relaxing and catching up on one of my favorite hobbies! Was hopping to see lots of RFA pictures to drool over but it seems this thread has been dead for a while. Here's my attempt to bring it back. I have another spawning in progress, a few babies are already out but I can see several more still growing inside one mama, I'm hoping she keeps them in until they are nice and big.

(Trying new photo upload, looks like a lot has changed since I've been on so it may not work)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/LCUeS98Q4vywcn7IPjNcEzERfrtEFTKRXHut7S2Rq3J

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/LSkadPw7YK0Os9VWGLdcekhSaYskYIYsEJ4qP2f2K1F

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/JGRMBpPKV1DIzF0MP1GUyLppZTUqE3aPpVjTRvy0Y4t

Back
Top Bottom