Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's mine an hour or so after being put in yesterday. It's opened even more today.

63298-albums14261-picture69904.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Here's mine an hour or so after being put in yesterday. It's opened even more today.

Very nice. I got mine today. I am acclimating them now. Will take pictures when they are settled in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very pretty, is that pink on the tentacles? I'm always amazed at the uniqueness of each RFA I see!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you, yes, those are pink tentacles with a light green oral disc. It's really nice looking. I'll have to use my SLR and get a better photo with a custom white balance (the photo there is from my phone).

Ok i placed my rfa's inbthectank and they blew back to the back of the tank. Hopefully they will find a place to settle in so i can get some pictures of them.

i've only got my one now, but i'm hooked haha. i'm definitely going to look for more of the really vibrant ones. i've never seen them at my LFS though.

There are some really ridiculous looking ones out there for $100-300, some more than that! On eBay they have some KC packs (5-10) that look really really nice, but the price is pretty steep as well.

Mine have not come around to the front of the tank yet. Will they move to seek out the brightest light? Or will they stay where they are?

I did the calculation for the KC (5-10) pack and with shipping the 5 pack works out to be about 42.00 a piece. The 10 pack with shipping works out to be about 29.00 a piece. Not bad if you can afford the initial cost.

There are some really ridiculous looking ones out there for $100-300, some more than that! On eBay they have some KC packs (5-10) that look really really nice, but the price is pretty steep as well.

KC packs?

The KC packs are on Ebay. If you do a search for rfa's, KC (kaboom Corals) is the seller.

Just ordered these three today.
Cant wait to get them. Im going to put them in a 10 gallon that i already have set up until i can get the 20 gallon long running again.

Attachments

• 1457638491509.jpg
    1457638491509.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 1457638505188.jpg
    1457638505188.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 1457638519334.jpg
    1457638519334.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 86
Mine have not come around to the front of the tank yet. Will they move to seek out the brightest light? Or will they stay where they are?

Next time turn off all flow when you place them in and leave it off for about an hour to let them secure their attachment. They should move to a spot that makes them happy, but may not do it right away. Can you reach them? Have they attached to anything yet? If you want to encourage them to move try to get stronger flow on them.

They can also move in creative ways, here's mine pulling up through a hole in the rock.

Thanks Sand dollar. I will do that next time. I can reach them although one is attached to a rock two are on the subtrate.

Just ordered these three today.
Cant wait to get them. Im going to put them in a 10 gallon that i already have set up until i can get the 20 gallon long running again.

Those are nice! I am jealous!

Weekend treats!!

Can't wait to get them under the lights. Here's a peek at the batch they came from...how I wish I could have brought them all home with me!

Here they are in the tank, still have a bit of opening to go but you get the idea!

This one is more orange than red which is why I got it, and I love the white marks on this one.

Back
Top Bottom