Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Babies!!! I never saw them spawn but a few weeks ago during feeding I thought I saw some babies in one of my nems...And now, here they are!! They are tiny but I can already see some color in many of them. So excited!!

Wow!!! Sooo amaziinnnnnggggg! Over the moon exciting, ;).

My little baby seems to have disappeared. Have not seen it for a long time. Or maybe sometime I will move a rock and there it will be.

Will be expecting regular updates. And discussion on what you are doing to hope to increase all of our chances, in case we have some.

Thanks guys, I'm super excited. Love looking in on them everyday :)

Here you can see the color in some of them, many have a bright orange center like their mama in this picture.

Here's another one on the other side of the tank

And one on a shell

This is one of my only surviving babies from last year. Hoping to have better luck with this batch since they are bigger to start with and easier to feed.

My favorite green one just moved around the corner closer to the light and next to a ~ two month new, huge green center, white, tan frill, and it seemed to have been very happy where it was before for months. I wonder if they want to be friends hahaha... Hoping that better than moving to die on me!

To think of it, my tank was VERY cloudy this morning in their direction, clear in the back where the filter was and it seemed the cloud was towards the front????

Crystal clear like usual now 13 hours later. Hmmm, that would really be exciting. Just thought of that actual possibility, was kinda joking about it.

Thanks guys, I'm super excited. Love looking in on them everyday :)

Here you can see the color in some of them, many have a bright orange center like their mama in this picture.

Here's another one on the other side of the tank

And one on a shell

This is one of my only surviving babies from last year. Hoping to have better luck with this batch since they are bigger to start with and easier to feed.

Those little look e tykes are so darn cute. I hope mine have babies some day.

My favorite green one just moved around the corner closer to the light and next to a ~ two month new, huge green center, white, tan frill, and it seemed to have been very happy where it was before for months. I wonder if they want to be friends hahaha... Hoping that better than moving to die on me!

To think of it, my tank was VERY cloudy this morning in their direction, clear in the back where the filter was and it seemed the cloud was towards the front????

Crystal clear like usual now 13 hours later. Hmmm, that would really be exciting. Just thought of that actual possibility, was kinda joking about it.

That would be awesome if your RFA started having little ones. Keep us posted so we can cheer them on. LOL

Well i just spent a good hour reading this thread from start to finish and i was so happy to see that its still going!!

Ive had an RFA for awhile now it eats mysis and has stayed in the same spot!

I have 3 new ultra ones floating in the tank right now and im really hoping to get them to spawn. Any tips? Also how do you tell if theyre male or female?

Would also like to add how lucky you guys are that theyre so cheap for you!! In canada the bright ones are 100 to 200 dollars!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my new RFA's are in! They dont seem to like the rock as they keep jumping off into the sandbed even with the wavemaker off. So i made a little tupperware bed for them with some sand

Attachments

• 1494652116965-1959313115.jpg
    1494652116965-1959313115.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1494652144171-917581714.jpg
    1494652144171-917581714.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 57
Well my new RFA's are in! They dont seem to like the rock as they keep jumping off into the sandbed even with the wavemaker off. So i made a little tupperware bed for them with some sand

Nice! How many are brand new ones?

I have a couple which like rocks only and a couple which like sand only.

Very nice RFA's. I also have some in the rocks and some in the sand. It's funny how they all like different places in the aquarium to plant themselves. I've had some that try to attach to my hermit crabs. I've had to rescue a couple of hermits in the past to what I would imagine would be a not so nice ending for them.

The three are brand new. One didnt make it but its mouth was gaping a bit when I got it and the guy is gonna replace it. Unfortunately it was my brightest and favorite one !! Thats always the way lol. Right now one is happy on the rock the other is in a tupperware sand bed gonna try and move it today

Thanks! Theyre strange little creatures but by far my favorite corals! If only they shipped across the border i would get the ten pack lol

Well it only lets me load pics when i take them at the time for some.reason and he is no longer pooping so i assume thats what it was

Ok I have a question for you all. I took down my ten gallon that had most of my RFA's housed in it. I moved the RFA's into my 29 gallon which is going to be strictly RFA's once I move all my corals over to my 125. The question is can I turn off the lights for a few days to combat red slime algae without harming the RFA's?

Back
Top Bottom