RockPlus Limestone Screening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, in a never ending quest to be cheap I was searching around for alternatives to southdown.

actually, the southdown we have here is terribly contaminated and all discolored looking.

so I was a K-Mart and noticed they have bags of something called Rock Plus brand limestone screening.

The consistancy looked a LOT like southdown, being of a medium, fine and dust-like sized grains

it was 2.22 for a 50lb bag.

the best part was it wasn't contaminated like southdown - the sand looked dirty, but did not contain large patches of colored contaminates like the southdown.

the best part was it wasn't contaminated like southdown - the sand looked dirty, but did not contain large patches of colored contaminates like the southdown.

Hm, the southdown that I have seen and have used did not appear to be contaminated. I heard in chat a few weeks ago someone talking about finding metal shavings in their sand and I even did a magenet test on my sand and could not find any metal shavings so I guess maybe their quality control has gone down hill?

I would say it would probably be ok.

Sorry for sucha late reply on this.

Back
Top Bottom