Rocks in general

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyOneBeat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,
Ok heres my specs. I have recently aquired a used 90 gal tank and intend to use if for saltwater. I plan to start with fish only and eventually in years ahead go reef. I have my filtration and, because i plan to get some species of jawfish, 100+ pounds of substrate.

Now heres the problem i want to add rock for decoration. My plan was to add a base of various rock and then place pieces of live rock in the gaps.
When i went to my local fish store each rock was $12. a little to expensive for my budget, and that wasn't even the live rock! I know of another store that sells it for $1 per pound which i think is more reasonable. Is there any way to make this cheaper, and how many pounds of rock do i need for this tank. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a low budget and need some let to buy fish in the end.

Thanks for your time,
John

the only thing i would suggest is get the rock a little at a time .we are on a budget to and that is what we had to do. HTH

Back
Top Bottom