Rockscaping gone wrong!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKFMedic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, every thing has been going well in my 30 gal rimless. Water chemistry is dialed in, corals look great, fish are happy and even my bubble tip seems to be adjusting well after a couple of weeks. Everything is great, right?

Well, I get home after a long day with my mom in the hospital, and plop myself down in front of my tank for some mind clearing relaxation and I decide that my toadstool finger mushroom is a little too close to my frogspawn. Big mistake! Why can't I just let things be? I decided to move just two pieces of rock, but as soon as I move one, "Boom," lightening strikes and pieces move all over. Ugh.

Well after an hour or so I think I have things back in place, or close anyway. I even managed to move my toadstool away form the frogspawn.

Anyone else do these kinds of things? I'm swearing off touching my rocks again (right?), and just letting my tank evolve without my help! Seriously, other than water changes, and regular maintenance, unless an earthquake hits, I'm not touching the rocks again! Well, until I get that 50 - 75 gallon rimless upgrade down the road!

Have a great night everyone.

Mike

I've redone my aquascaping numerous times. There's always that one rock that is out of place and just doesn't look good. I figure i might as well keep making changes now before the corals get too big to change etc. You're definitely not alone!

I pretend to hope for a day when the fiddling is done and I'm just watching the tank mature and the inhabitants frolic, but I know that the fiddling is actually a large part of the fun.

- D

Back
Top Bottom