Rodi filter change help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff, thanks again for your help. After reading all the posts I figured the third "compartment" must have an inside "canister" and after opening it I realized it did. The problem was that it was so clear to visually see the media that I thought it was just dumped into the screw of "compartment" hope that makes since. So I replaced the first filter. Replaced the second filter with a .6 micron. (Not sure what micron I took out. It didn't say on filter) changed the third filter with di resin in it. I did not change the top horizontal filter which y'all refer to as the membrane I think. Brs did not send the right filter for it. I say that bc all the canisters they sent (4 total) are all bigger around than that housing. Anyway my tds meter is reading 480 going in and 0 coming out.

The top ro filter does not need to be replaced as often as the rest, maybe every couple years depending on your throughput. You'll know when it's time to replace it cause your output will start dropping dramatically.

As others have said, the top piece is the reverse osmosis filter. That filter looks VERY different from all the others and more likely than not looks something like this:
200051-Reverse-Osmosis-75GPD-Membrane-grouped-a_1.jpg

Ok thanks. I did not order a replacement for that one. You can bet I will be keeping an eye on the whole thing from now on. If tds was at 27 bf changing filters could that be adding to the hair algae problem I have been experiencing?

Back
Top Bottom