Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Jeff, thanks again for your help. After reading all the posts I figured the third "compartment" must have an inside "canister" and after opening it I realized it did. The problem was that it was so clear to visually see the media that I thought it was just dumped into the screw of "compartment" hope that makes since. So I replaced the first filter. Replaced the second filter with a .6 micron. (Not sure what micron I took out. It didn't say on filter) changed the third filter with di resin in it. I did not change the top horizontal filter which y'all refer to as the membrane I think. Brs did not send the right filter for it. I say that bc all the canisters they sent (4 total) are all bigger around than that housing. Anyway my tds meter is reading 480 going in and 0 coming out.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks good but you might still need to replace the top one because it is an ro filter and as important as di .

Old 05-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

The top ro filter does not need to be replaced as often as the rest, maybe every couple years depending on your throughput. You'll know when it's time to replace it cause your output will start dropping dramatically.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok if you say so. I replaced all of mine at the same time after the pressure dropped significantly.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

As others have said, the top piece is the reverse osmosis filter. That filter looks VERY different from all the others and more likely than not looks something like this:
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok thanks. I did not order a replacement for that one. You can bet I will be keeping an eye on the whole thing from now on. If tds was at 27 bf changing filters could that be adding to the hair algae problem I have been experiencing?

Tags
change, filter, filter change, rodi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com