Rodi filter change help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought new filters for a coralife pure flo 2 rodi system. Got it from bulk reef supply and I think they had to cross reference the part numbers to their filters. Anyway. Never done it bf. the first filter hanging on bottom left is obvious to replace. Does the 5 micron go second or the .6 micron second. Then the third filter does not contain a "canister" it is just three different types of media in the clear screw on piece. Do I dump that and put their canister with demonization media in it? Help I'm lost. Then the filter on top doesn't seem to come out???? Help.

To be honest I don't even think it is a di unit. Can or how do I add to it. To make it even worse the lfs charged me $359 for it!!! That was a year ago. Have learned a lot since then!!!

The box says the third canister is a mixed bed deionization cartridge.

I believe the different colors are the DI resin changing color because it's spent. Can you take some pictures of what you have there and post them here?

Sounds like you are missing 1 filter. Not sure which side is first but it should start with bigger size 5 microns. The set should go with 2 plastic wrenches to remove the canister.

Don't guess I can. I. On an I phone and it keeps telling me I'm getting a "parce error". Just not my day

Got it to work!! The first filter on left has been changed. I think the second one can be replaced with one they sent me also. The third looks like it just has resin poured in ( mixed) the top one would not come out of housing and I did not force it. Hooked up a new tds meter. 450 going in and 27 coming out. Is that good or bad?

Bought di resin from brs. Can I just dump it in the third canister on the right. That just didn't seem right to me. What about the tds readings? Is 27 good. Thank you both for the help!

I had the directions last week when I ordered new filters. Now I'm on a mission to find them again. What should the tds read coming out of the unit? I know as close to zero as possible. But what are the ranges? What is normal?

No sir. Replaced only the first filter on left. It was red in assuming from iron. Think I can replace the second one with no problem. The third on right was the big question. It appears not to have a canister. It has three types of media floating in the screw off part. I have not taken it off yet so it may actually have a clear canister and I just can't see it. Brs sent me 4 actual canisters for replacements. Just got off the phone with them and the guy said it may just be set up differently. He said that the canister they sent I could put the media in it and put the whole canister in the clear screw on part. That just doesn't seem right. The one on top I could not get the filter out and did not want to force it. It I a coralife 2 premium tfc ro water purification unit with a mixed deionization cartridge.

You might be right that your top is a combination of ro and di while the 3rd on right is empty which is supposed to be your di. Replace top filter with pure ro and use that di medium at the empty cardridge. Use the smaller wrench to open top cartridge.

No sir. The third on the right is empty of a cartridge but has mixed media in it. Looks like carbon and 2 other compounds. Appears if I take the third clear canister off I can pour water and media out. It does not appear to be contained in any kind of canister. Should I put new media in this new canister and put the whole thing in the clear outer canister. That doesn't seem right and I'm not sure who to call. Lfs is over 2 hours away. I really appreciate your help.

Oh and I got the top canister open. I just could not get a cartridge out. Did not force it but bumped it on counter and pulled at it but it did not budge.

You can use a plier or any sharp object to hook it and pull. It has rubber O rings on both ends. Don't be afraid to break the cartridge cause you're throwing it away anyway.

Back
Top Bottom