RODI water use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you put it in the garage just elevate your whole trash can up on cement blocks so that you can get a gas can or whatever you use to move your water around lower than it. I just put a clear hose on the spiggot with a house clamp. I have six 5 gallon gas cans that I use to transport water.

img_1299830_0_d9afe1a70c067f6e933b8a061a4de005.jpg

spiggot drilld into the lower side of can

img_1299830_1_be799d79d7a4f447181e02978a357956.jpg

30 gallon food grade trash can

img_1299830_2_2f402457ca3d508c23abcbfaac2cf297.jpg

all plastic float valve

img_1299830_3_c338009ffe63630ec7fa873cc2eadd17.jpg

Our ro/di from www.purewaterclub.com

Wow, thanks for the pictures. I may try that. :) Not sure how I'll do drilling a hole into a garbage can though. lol

How do you seal it to make sure it doesn't leak? Can you just buy a plastic spigot at lowes or home depot?

Ahh Ok. I guess I'll be making a trip out this week.

thanks for your help!! It's much clearer in my head now. lol

What are you using it on? Connecting your faucet u to the rodi? I just used the water tap that came with my rodi. It judt punctured a small hole into your water line undet your sink and attaches that way. I have you to have an issue with mine. More than likely you can find that same party at a plumbing supplier that specializes in plumbing supplies.

My ro/di only came with a faucet adapter and I need that piece cause its hooked to my sink and in order to wash dishes I have to unhook it lol

Check the water line under your sink going from the floor up to your faucet. Mine was a rubber hose. This peice has trip halves amd a turn on valve and the nipple that screws onto the water line going to the rodi. It looks like a clamp. They are 6.00 at lees or home depot. 10 minutes you are up and running.

Back
Top Bottom