RODI water use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
aside from the 10g needed to actually place in the tank how much do you think id go through ina month so i can get a general idea kf how much il needa buy

i found this place a short drive away that sells rodi for. 50 a gallon and 1.00 gallon for premixed salt water whats the best way to transport the water as well

I would keep about 20 gallons at least. Enough for pwc and some extra just in case.

I use 5g jugs that i got from LFS for $6 a piece, I keep 20g on hand. i also live 5 min from a publix that has a water machine so I'm usually ok with keeping just 20g.

Sure. I bought a painters bucket with lid from lowes for $6 total. I use them for my pwc's since i do it by hand on the sw tank.

I tested the water to make sure it was clean. You'll have to wait til you get your test kit. Those water machines have stae issued stamps on them and there should be a last service date. My publix always has the last inspection as a few days ago at most. It's considered a food product and has to be what they say. :)

If you plan on getting water from there, yeah I'd recommend it. Just to be sure. I was buying hi phosphate hi nitrate water for 50 cents a gallon until i tested it.

I also just bought from that company. i got the 100gpd portable system though. Should be here any day now! Woot no more water trips!

Get you a restaurant grade trash can with lid (home depot) $25.00-40.00, all plastic float valve (ebay) $7.00, spiggot (ebay) $6.00, 200 watt heater (ebay) $16.00, & powerhead (ebay) $20.00.

I can give you pics of my setup. Works perfect. When you first mix your salt in the trash can for first time, keep track of how many scoops of salt you used to reach the desired salinity.

Well worth the investment. Congrats for a good buy.

Most of them say food grade on the label. They are made better. If you need more info or help let me know. I'm new here.

I'll look into lowes this week. I'm hooking my rodi up in the garage connected to a garden hose so I think a garbage can size vessel would be best. My b/f is sooo gonna make fun of me. LOL

Thanks for the tip!

Did you order the rodi i linked a while back? I was going to order it today as ill be stateside next week... Well if all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom