Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Roofing rubber to line my pond?

I realize this is the wrong forum but nobody has replied to a post since friday of last week in the pond forum and I need an answer today if possible. Can I use rubber that you use for roofing to line my pond? I was told by a few people it was safe and I've also heard that it is not safe. Anyone use it or know if it's ok?

Old 04-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #2
Sam
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Do not know off-hand. I would be concerned with any potential chemicals that the manufacturer may have treated the roofing material with that would be poisonous to livestock as it would leach into the water. I would suggest that if you know the manufacturer of the roofing material you want to use, contact the manufacturer directly and ask them before you buy anything. I would think you want chemically inert material for your pond liner. HTH 8)

Me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

How much cheaper could it be than a pond liner?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used it on one of my ponds, the upper dish one, and have had no problems at all as a liner. My only problem is that during the winter the dish base must have contracted and some of my seams, they were melted together, popped open.
RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Well the rubber roofing stuff would have been free but I decided to just spend the $150 and buy some. I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry. Got a mag 3600, can't wait to huge that baby up

Tags
line, pond

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com