Rose bta and powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning to my rose bta wrapped around my power head I forgot what it's called but the portion that sucks is a little cone and the bta wrapped around it it tore some of the nem up but I removed the power head and he is still bubbled up and attached to glass how do I know if he's going to be okay?

Anemones move because they are not in an ideal place. That problem will need to be addressed if you plan on keeping it. As for it surviving, It's hard to say. If the foot is ripped it may not, but I have seen them survive some intense injuries.
As a matter of fact, someone gave me a literally shredded carpet anemone about 4 months ago. I put it in my sump and it disappeared in the rock. A month later it popped out all healed up. Now it's thriving.
Since it's still attached, I would say the odds are good it will live.

Phew alright haha I'd say about 90. % of the foot is still there and I was thinking it would be ok aslong as the foots still attached to the glass and its not shriveled up its all bubbly still i figured if it can survive a spilt or being fragged then it can over come this

Yeah, sometimes the clowns do stress the anemone they inhabit. Mine made my RBTA split into 2. Now they are lovey dovey though.....

Back
Top Bottom