Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-18-2004, 11:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

umm i have a penguin 330. and a powerhead that i dont have one because it washes the anemone around. so i dont have it on. i will turn that back on when he gets a grip on something. i dont know what my water is at. i will take some to work tomarrow and get it tested.

Old 11-19-2004, 10:14 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

when you turn that PH back on he's going to move until he finds a spot he likes.... my PH died.... RBT moved... i got another one he moved back... and they don't have good sense of direction either, he went right back to the same spot but it took him 2 days to find it...

as far as that deflating thing goes, he should do it every day. don't turn the light on when he does it it's not going to make him inflate again.

Old 11-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

do you mean dont turn the light off when he does it. or turn it off the next time he does it?
Old 11-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

if he does it while the lights are on then leave them on. if he does it while the lights or off leave them off. if he does it right before your lights come on just let them come on. How much light he's getting doesn't have anything to do with it. He's just using your clean aquarium water as a toilet.

Here's a basic explanation:
Quote:

Deflating roses and why do they do it?

Roses deflate to get rid of waste, that is to say, poop and expel water. They will expel at least every 2 days,sometimes daily. It is a process that is done by shrinking up so much that you think they are dying but are not. They need to expel there waste and replace their body and tentacles with fresh water regularly.
They will stay this way for sometimes several hours, but will fill back up with water and be back to their glorious selves in no time.

it came from this page, it's a pretty good reference for roses.
http://home.att.net/~karenssaltwater...ome.html-.html
Old 11-19-2004, 11:42 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did you acclimate him to the new lights??
Old 11-19-2004, 11:42 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks alot jason
Old 11-20-2004, 01:07 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

how do you acclimate something to the new lights? well its been 1 more day and he seems to be doing fine. this morning i think he pooped again because he was small and not looking to good and i had alot of stuff floating in the tank. my tomato clown will dig under him and clean his butt i guess you call it. very strange fish since he wont even touch what i have been trying to feed him
Old 11-20-2004, 04:29 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Depending on what lights he was under and what you have, sometimes you need to acclimate corals, inverts, and fish to lighting. If the light is stronger you need to not go full lights when first introduced into the tank. Then you can turn on all the lights for short periods at a time until they are on full the full amount of time.

Tags
bubble, bubble tip

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com