Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidy07

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so my RBTA has been in my tank for about 2months now. it's starting to look a little different like if it's bleached ?when I first got it, it was darker.it's has little specs of white. it still expands fully which is growing really fast i have been feeding it every other day. Within a 24hour time period my anemone split into 3 anemones! and I still have them in my tank.I purchased the rock the anemone is on and therefore it has not moved at all.
anyways here are some pics, how does it look???
my lighting is an oddysea 4bulb T5 fixture and circulation is 2 koralia evo 750gph
55gallon tank.

Attachments

• image-2829872855.jpg
    image-2829872855.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image-2841524574.jpg
    image-2841524574.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image-1190946021.jpg
    image-1190946021.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 101
Anemones don't usually split unless stressed. But those type seem to known for it

Looks nice! What kind of bulbs do you use? I have an odyssea fixture as well

Sqasnatch said:
Anemones don't usually split unless stressed. But those type seem to known for it

I've read it goes both ways with y they split.1 stress in order to survive and 2 it's just it's natural way of reproducing.the anemone in the pic has been doing good tho. The only visible problem I see is the color. and the water is fine.my tank is 5months and everything else in the tank is doing good

You don't need to feed it, that may also be causing it to split. I don't know what the white is, do all of the spilt pieces have it? Bleaching happens when the algae leave it, so hopefully it is not bleaching. What kind of light do you have?

Sorry, just read the light, it seems like it should be enough, I have mine under LEDs, and temporarily under a 6 bulb T5 in a 29 gallon.

leftyfish said:
You don't need to feed it, that may also be causing it to split. I don't know what the white is, do all of the spilt pieces have it? Bleaching happens when the algae leave it, so hopefully it is not bleaching. What kind of light do you have?

I was only feeding it every other day in order to try and save it's color.but that didn't help so I will only feed it now once a week.the feeding is causing it to grow nicely

lbannie said:
Looks nice! What kind of bulbs do you use? I have an odyssea fixture as well

it's the stock bulbs for now in the next month I will have to replace the blues not sure which ones yet

Back
Top Bottom