Rose Bubble Tip Anemone or Green Carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any one have any experience with either of these anemones. Which one is easier to take care of. I want to add one or the other to my tank. I currently just have live rock, but will add some corals and a few fish.
Thanks.

Both anemones require mature tanks with excellent and consistant water parameters. As far as ligting reqirements, I believe the bulb tip needs less. These generally find a spot in the rock work to attatch to so they are closer to the light. Carpets prefer to be on the substrate they need a higher penetrating light like MH to do well. Buying a captive raised bulb tip will most likely be the best option.

how old is the tank and what size? Like lando says a mature tank is needed. Carpets can get large quick and will eat what ever it can, snails, small fish, large fish ect.. My buddy had one about 10" across and it ate about $150 worth of fish and crabs, snails.
They are delicate creatures and should only be kept by experienced reefers.
What type of water do you use?

carpet anemones will light you up pretty good if you touch them if that makes any difference to you

My tank is only two months past the cycle time. I think seaham answered it for me. I don't want to lose expensive fish. I will try the rose bubble in a couple of months. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom