Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2004, 12:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks everyone for your comments. After much consideration I think I will go pick one up today. It is a great price and I figure I can offer it a great environment to live in. probably better then the store's tank or someone who buys it without the proper set up and knowledge. I will let everyone know how it goes and pot a pick or two later. Thanks again...Lando

Old 05-23-2004, 01:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Sounds good to me! if you have a great, stable, tank with the ideal water conditions then that bubble tip is probibly much better off with you.

It would most likely be bought by someone who wants to get their 4 year old a new present anyway. It would be stuck in a 10 gallon tank with a couple of percs, with some water and table salt thrown in. "Daddy, why is nemo sleeping at the top all the time?"

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have Rose and it seems to be doing fine after 2 months, he doesn't move around and seems to have settled in a comfortable place. I have 6.4 watts per gallon, the tank raised Ocellaris's don't go near it but that is to be expected.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:03 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

correct me if im istaken, but i have heard that recently they have been getting a lot of rose bulbs from a place in China, and i thought i heard they were captive bred? I live in Southern California and ive seen these guys go from a couple stores only having a couple for $120 to every store having tanks full selling for as low as $25. does anyone know the facts on this?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:37 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

i bet they dyed them...just me tho
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:37 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Old 05-24-2004, 10:39 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tags
bubble, bubble tip

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com