Rowa Phos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loynzey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I bought a tub of rowa phos to put either in a reactor or in a sock and put at the back of my bio top 130lt which has an internal 4 chamber filtration fuge.

So I'm still waiting to recieve the reactor but thoughtit wouldn't hurt putting it in the sock supplied and leaving in their untill the reactor turns up ten transfer over.

Socked up the phos media and placed it in a bucket RO water to rinse out any small granules which would otherwise go into the main tank water and look not so nice.

the problem (or maybe it ain't one) I got was the bucket turned very purpley brown so good got rid of alot of bad stuff I didn't want which would of turned my tank that colour. I repeated in another bucket of RO and the same. run out of RO water so used the tap to see if it would keep on rinsing out the purply/brown colour and it did.

I wanna know if this is normal and will it turn my water in the tank a different colour. More so hindor any life or corals I have??

The Rowa is great media but wait for the reactor. The media contained in the sock will not be nearly as effective because the water does not flow through the media. When you place it in the reactor I allow a very slow flow and dump a few gallons of the colored water than it turns clear. The key is to start with a very low flow through the chamber than increase the flow after the media settles. The media can be used for over a month because it will not release the nutrients it absorbed

Yeah that's what i was told the best phos media out there to buy. just didn't know if the colour thing was normal. I guess I didn't rinse enough right?
So I shud wait for the reactor, load up and then say leave for say hour/ two hours on a constant fresh supply of RO water to make sure it is properly rinsed ie all dis colour( purple/brown) has gone?

I ran a few gallons of RO through my reactor before adding it to the tank (in my chain of reactors). If you think ROWA is bad, buy a container of Pura Phoslock and you will never badmouth ROWA again.

So once you ran a few gallons through it the dis-coloration stop and water just ran clear that's all I need to know. I guess I didn't rinse enough or properly as I only places in a bucket of ro twice to rinse. I'll wait for the reactor to turn up and rinse using that.

Back
Top Bottom