Rowa phos & purigen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought rowa Phos yesterday to get rid of the phosphates that are showing up as red algae . And as a filter media in my canister .
It says to sandwich between filter floss / cloth
Can I double cheese cloth that I have ?
I plan on putting this on the bottom closest to the return side .
And Purigen on the top closest to the suction side ,
Is this ok ?

I used to run Rowa phos in an external filter it still works but in a reactor works much better as for your purigen you said where you wanted it will be fine I read somewhere saying the hundred mil bags of purigen Is the best ones to buy rather than the loose stuff because The hols a smaller in the hundred mil bags then a Sock and doesn't leach much

I used to run Rowa phos in an external filter it still works but in a reactor works much better as for your purigen you said where you wanted it will be fine I read somewhere saying the hundred mil bags of purigen Is the best ones to buy rather than the loose stuff because The hols a smaller in the hundred mil bags then a Sock and doesn't leach much
It was the pre packaged bag I bought .
I have noticed a difference with corals .
My elegance , bubble coral and candy cane are starting to look much bigger .

I heard that can be risky bleaching then I know you can with success but if not rinsed out properly Will cause problems for your tank I've read over the years most people just buy new ones rather taking the risk good luck with your tank

I also have not tried to recharge the purigen for fear of the bleach. I generally just buy a new package which is only like $10. I change my purigen and chemipure elite out maybe every 4-6 months so its not an expensive way to go.

I use 750ml, so throwing it away isn't a option. I have recharged it dozens of times, just follow the directions. A cheap chlorine test kit insures there is no accident. Watching it turn Snow White again is a blast.

Back
Top Bottom