Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2003, 06:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

royal gamma

Was thinking of adding a small-medium royal gamma to my two clowns and two peppermint shrimp and dozen or so turbo snails. Will the royal gamma get along okay with everyone? I heard that they may go after my shrimp??

Old 03-02-2003, 09:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

What size tank do you have? I have one in my 75 gal. reef. It gets along with all but the Sixline wrasse which bullies him now and then. It never made any threating moves to any inverts. Colors really stand out,wish I could add more of them would look really nice. Fish in my tank 2 Percula Clowns, 4 Jewel Lyertail Anthias(1 Male & 3 Females) 4 Red tail Fire Fish,4 Golden Head Sleepers, 1 Royal Gramma & 1 Sixline Wrasse.
2 Cleaner Shrimp, 3 Sea Cucumbers & 1 Brittle Star (Brown)

75 gal. Reef & 30 gal. Anemone Tanks.

I get paid for what I may have to do, Not for what I do!
EMS503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:46 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
I would say if your tank is 20 gallon or bigger that it would be fine. I have never heard or seen them go after a shrimp. They are a very hardy fish, I have cycled a tank with one. They should not be kept with other dottybacks or basslets.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

thanks. I have a 30g with only 2 clowns. Thought I could keep him, but the lfs had a question mark about it. maybe he confused with a bicolor pueso
Old 03-04-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Got one yesterday. Medium size with really nice color. Put in and he immediately fell into a crevice of some live rock and stayed there without moving. thought for sure he was dead 8O

Left him alone with the lights off for about 2 hours. brought the lights back on, gave him another hour and then threw some food. He was out like a shot and eating everything in sight Stayed out of his hiding hole unless we moved too close to the tank, then, bang, right back in.

This morning, he seems to be getting much more comfortable. Out swimming with the clowns after the lights came on. Still dove for cover when I got too close, but came right out again and ate like pig.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:39 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
They can be very shy. The one I owned only came out when you wernt near the tank.

Tags
royal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com