Royal gramma diet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was thinking of possible additions and this fish was on my possible list, but on live aquaria it says in needs to eat meat,my question is what do you guys feed your royal grammas,and can i feed mine omnivore flakes and omnivore pellets?

I feed mine mysis shrimp. Loves them. Even my omnivores eat them. I don't even feed flakes anymore, just mysis. I buy them in frozen cubes, thaw in warm water, and rinse them off to get rid of excess nutrients that is packed into the water they are frozen in.

Has anybody had success feeding them flakes and/or pellets?

My RG loves ocean nutrition prime reef flakes. Been eating them for 1 year now. Marine cousine partial cube once a week. NLS Pellets well mine does every blue moon.

My royal gramma ate everything I put in the tank, flakes, pellets, mysis and other frozen food. You can get a small pack of mysis cubes to feed him. :) They are only a couple bucks.'

My royal gramma ate everything I put in the tank, flakes, pellets, mysis and other frozen food. You can get a small pack of mysis cubes to feed him. :) They are only a couple bucks.'

+1 to this. Mine ate anything and everything once established. I guess I'm a bad reefer because I use frozen food almost as a treat or to get new fish started. :hide:I think with most fish, once they associate the funny looking fish on the other side of the glass with food, they don't bother to look or smell what goes in their mouths next as long as it fits!

You should feed your fish more than just flakes !!! I don't care what type of fish !! Flakes are fine In between real food

Smithcinema said:
You should feed your fish more than just flakes !!! I don't care what type of fish !! Flakes are fine In between real food

+1 fish need a variety of foods.

My 2 Royal Gammas eat anything i put in the tank. I feed them flakes everyday and frozen brine shrimp once a week. They eat both but they dont go for the brine shrimp as fast as they attack the flakes.

Back
Top Bottom