Royal Gramma help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think my royal gramma is getting sick. It just sits in the same place all day and in the morning it is floating at the top of the tank, sometimes verticle, this morning it was upside down near my overflow :(... then it goes to the bottom of the tank moving very little and not very often. It is my girlfiends favorite fish and what makes it worse is we call it Grandma and her grandmother just died recently... HELP

dont have exact but everything is good... other fish are doing fine

Does it look like it is having trouble staying in once place or keeping it's self horizontal? When a fish is swimming in strange ways or having trouble "balancing" it is usually a problem with the swim bladder. Have you noticed any signs of illness? spots, red or discolored gills, bloating, unusual breathing, anything out of the ordinary?

I have had him for close to a year he has moved tanks 3 times and in his current tank for about a month. I don't notice any unusual breathing. It has always hid all day long but now it wont even come out when I feed.

Passed away this morning. It hadn't been right for several months... poor little guy

Back
Top Bottom