Royal Gramma MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayna

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i bought a Royal Gramma the other day, and i accumalted him proporly but i havent seen him in 2 days.

i know he's in there cause when i put him in the damsels chased after him. but i havent seen him since. how do i know if he's still alive? does he bury in the sand? cause i dont see nothing near my rocks.

thanks

They can be prett good hiders, so you may wanna just put some garlic soaked food in the tank to see if the smell entices him out.

Yes, I had one that was harrassed by Damsels. It stayed hidden for about a week. Now they all swim together. It will come around. Also they can hide in and under the smallest crevices. I couldnt find mine, and come to find out it was under a large shell. They will burrow out a place under an object to hide. :wink:

ok. i hope he is okay. i bought a pretty large one so he must be hidden very good!

Mine found a cave in a LR that I didn't know existed. They are pretty good at this stuff. :wink:

WOO HOO I saw him!!!! well i feel better i know he's alive!!!

just gotta wait till he comes out on his own then

When I got my first royal gramma, I did not see him for about a week. I thought he was dead and the clean-up crew got him. I even went out and bought another one. Came home and put it in QT then checked my main tank. Sure enough, my first royal gramma made an apperance and was swimming around. So now I have two and they get along great.

Yah, sorry. You will have to commit a new one to memory. I thought it was time for a change so I followed Quarryshark's lead. :lol:

Lando that is too funny!! :lol: Good excuse to get another fish though. :wink:
Don't follow my lead, I am lost. 8O

Dayna don't worry, a fish can got more than a week without food. She just has stage fright. Will get over it. :wink:

my gramma didn't come out the first few days...now she's out all the time, only hiding when someone walks by too fast and scares her! You'll learn her behaviors in time, and she'll come out to play!

still hasnt come out...

he hides between the rock and the sandbed... should i get him out of there, build up the sand so he cant hide there anymore?

Back
Top Bottom