Royal Gramma Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongeynip

Aquarium Advice Regular
a couple of weeks ago, i put a royal gramma in with my dwarf angelfish, and they get along fine. They go eveywhere together, and only swim together. Feeding brine shrimp every other day, they both have their full fill every time and haven't shown any problems for 2 weeks. Recently, I added a firefish, and they all were fine, but the royal gramma was really jumpy when the firefish was around. Today when I fed, I noticed that the royal gramma came out for two seconds, then darted back into his hole, and he hasn't come out since. And the angelfish only swims around his hole waiting for him to come out. I worry that if he doesn't eat, he might die, what should i do?

thanx
-trent

How long ago did you add the firefish? Fish go through an adjustment period when new ones are added. I am sure it is getting enough to eat. The problem should subside after a couple of weeks.

i was going to mention that. i use brine on new fish to get them eating and then slowly start mixing in mysis , flake and pellet. brine is kind of like candy bars for fish.

steve r

ya, i just use it for newcomers, and forgot 2 mention that. I do feed flake and a trial packet of pellet every once and a while, but I will cut down on the brines. BTW, what are mysis, cause ive heard that they feed almost anything, but i dont think my lfs has them. Today, I noticed somethin odd (to me), the gramma was just sitting in his hole all day, and wouldn't even come out for food today either. Iff its acclimation, please tell me cause im worried about the little guy.

thanx
-trent

mysis are little shrimp :) id be surprised if your petshop didnt have them but ya never know
how did ya acclimate the gramma?
ya said he was doing good till ya added the firefish right?
what time frame did ya add the two together ? that could be a issue right there ! need to space at least a week or two between purchases imo !

Back
Top Bottom