Royal Gramma w/ Fire fish??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should be okay. Both species are not really aggressive, however, they are territorial. As long as you have ample hiding places for both and introduce them at the same time you should be okay.

Fire fish can be real touchy and royals can be hit or miss-some are very tenacious while others have a very subdued temperment. Lots of rock and real estate should help better the chances, but you know any of the reef fishes we keep can fight over 4 feet of Salt water. Introduce them at the same time.

I have had them together in my reef and they were fine... like the others say have plenty of LR for hiding places..
Like with everything in the hobby there is always a chance that it may be an issue.

Like they all said give them ample space and they should be ok. I'd keep my eye on them though because firefish seem to get beat up by everything. Everytime i go to get one from my lfs they always have torn fins.

both peaceful fish although theres always the chance of getting a bad gramma..

the gramma will generally stay around the rockwork and the firefish will only retreat to the rockwork during low light hours... you should be fine!

Back
Top Bottom