Ruby Red Dragonet Concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
So as some of you know I have a male and female ruby red dragonet. The original male that I got with the female that was supposedly a pair jumped ship awhile back. I ended up ordering another male and they have been eating well but steering clear of one another. Just today I noticed the male chasing the female around the tank nipping at her. Is this normal or what? I've had the female for almost a month and the male a week after I got the original pair. Can they find another 'mate' or 'pair'? Would he kill her? Here are pics of both.

Female-
CG15zyS.jpg

Male-
FsJxYtN.jpg

Thanks for any help. I tried finding out info on this particular matter with not much luck. From what I read its usually the other way around, or if it is 2 males.

Following along, because I'm amazed that you're able to keep not only 1 dragonet alive, but 2.

Only because the readily accept prepared foods! They love the frozen prawn roe and reef chili! They still get a pod here a there as well. My fuge has plenty.

Back
Top Bottom