runaway mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liontech

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi folks,
My question is how to reattach a mushroom to its rock once it has been nocked off. My lawnmower blenny popped it loose and the poor thing has been running around the tank riding the current flow and looking for a place to settle down. I thought about putting a glob of silicon and sticking it in that. Anyone solved this problem? :idea:
thanks,
liontech

Try a rubber band. Wrap it snugly against a rock for a couple weeks. It may even split the shroom into two pieces.
If you can place it in a nook where there is low flow, that'll work too.

that is really cool to do because you will find that 90% of the time it will split into two shrooms. sometimes i also just let it blow around the tank because it will eventually find a spot where there is not alot of flow and an it will grow from there and i think that is kind of neat to do too.

kribbz,
Never done this before so do you put the rubberband across the diameter or around the base?

you can also put the mushroom in a cup with sand in it, and put the cup in a low flow area of the tank. after a few days the mushroom will grab onto peices of sand. once the shroom has attached to the pieces of sand you can then superglue the sand to a rock. be sure to superglue the sand and not the mushroom.
just another suggestion for ya,
mermaid

Back
Top Bottom