Some of you may have seen my posts on a hair algae problem I have. I have tried and checked everything you have told me but the problem doesn't seem to be getting any better. My tank has been running for about 3 months. I have a 20 gallon tank. Two clowns, two chromis, a serpent star, black urchin, peppermint shrimp, and an assortment of snails. I use ro
water for both salt and fresh water top offs. I do 25% water changes weekly. I feed every three days. I have a 4 bulb t5 set up. I have even cut down on the light cycle. I have read some articles stating that phosphates may be leaking out of my rock. I purchased the rock from a company called Marco rocks in the Florida keys. It's cured dry rock. My phosphate and nitrate levels are always at 0. Is it possible that my rock could be the problem ? I would really hate to have to remove the rock and start over and I really don't want to use chemicals to control the algae....