Running out of room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I never thought I'd be sayign this but I have my 125, 44 pentagon, and 46 bow front. My problem is my 2 of my corals are growing so fast that I am fragging them at least once a month. 8O Now I have little rocks all over the place with corals on them. Would it be a good idea to convert my 46 into a coral grow out tank? Nothing in it but 2 clowns 2 pep's, and that big hitchhicker crab (the hariy one). I guess I need to try and sell some frags but I'm not to sure if I want to try and ship something live.

your lfs will probably buy the frags from you. saves you from trying to ship something live. other option would be a reginal forum where you could sell to someone who could meet you.

My lfs wants me to give thenm to him. Now I haven't checked with Bernie yet. Been too busy to get over there. :roll: Don't know if I can post something for sale in the regional forums. Need to ask that question also. :mrgreen:

Check out the article by Logan on coral propagation in the articles section. You can put together a prop tank for pretty cheap. Kind of nice to sell something back to the LFS.

Just tell him you would be more than happy to do this if he gives away the frags to customers

:roll: I know this guy, that AIN'T gonna happen. :roll:

Check out the article by Logan on coral propagation in the articles section. You can put together a prop tank for pretty cheap. Kind of nice to sell something back to the LFS.

Thanks, I'll do that. 8)

Thats crazy, lfs wanting someone to give them something that you know their going to sell. That would just about make me find another store

Definitely check some other shops, my LFS gives me $5 for a small frag and $10 for a large, mounted on rock or shell of course. I wouldn't be too happy if my LFS told me to give them away. I'd find a new LFS, and tell him to go XXXX. I don't know about you but I easily spend $50-100 there a month and it would not be in his best interest to turn me down. Propose that to him and see what he says.

I trade for store credit. If the guy wants them for free, he is nuts :)

I set up a 10 gal frag tank. It took a while to get good growth from it but it is getting better. I have a fuge area in my sum that I put a mini pc light on for some shrooms. They don't like the 64 watts on my 10 gal.

If you have a reef group in your area, you could try that. I have been trading some lately with a local group here.

Good luck

I don't know about you but I easily spend $50-100 there a month and it would not be in his best interest to turn me down.

Around here it's not what you have spent, it's what your there spending now :roll: , this one don't even want to talk about even trading for store credit. :roll:

I'm gonna setup my 46 bow front as a frag tank, let them grow and mature some and then carry a load to Bernie's the next "gathering". Maybe I can get some of my money back. Spent 60bux for a green star coral, now I have 4 to 6 frags of it, spend 30 on one I want to call neon grass (when the antics are only thing on it glows like neon), and I'v got probally 12 frags of it. :mrgreen: And it's time to do some more cutting on it. :roll:

Hey Gerald, I have the perfect solution...
Get a bigger tank!!

Ya don't unterstand, :roll: I have the green star coral that has propagated to a very large rock (25 lbs or so) 8O , and the other one has propagated to another very nice and large rock. I would like to get them off but in lew of that I want to get these rocks setup to where the corals can grow all across the large "face". Does that make any sense at all?

BTW, I was just kidding. :wink:
Have you tried a few of the online stores such as livaquaria? Maybe they would buy some frags from you. Or ebay?

I'm up for trades anytime depending on the coral. I have to say though that I would try another LFS if possible. I think not taking them is just bad business. Aren't they going to sell them and make money? Jeez, I'm telling you I would have some nasty words for them, I currently get store credit for frags at 3 different stores locally and have never had any shop turn me down. One does tell me it's on a consignment basis, but thats fine, he pays me when they sell. I am really surprised at that LFS's bad attitude, I dont' shop anywhere that doesn't treat me nicely, but I have 6 different shops within 40 min so I have that option, I know not everybody does.

Back
Top Bottom