Running Out of Water on Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
Christmas day and no stores are open and I kind of lost track of topping of the tank, and now i'm def gonna run out of water by tomorrow in the sump. I don't have an r/o unit, but I do have enough saltwater to top it off. Our tap water here is horrible, lots of trates and phosphates. Which one should I use to top the tank of? Should I just add enough saltwater to make it to tomorrow when I can pick up some R/O, or risk using the tap water? TIA.....

I know where I am CVS and Walgren are open. Get some Distilled water if possible. The only bad thing about adding salt water is it will drive your salinity up. Just check if you have any drug stores open on Christmas day. Wawa is open here also.

Check 7-11 (if you have them there). I would get distilled but in an emergency, you could use some SW, just not a lot of it. I think a small top off on your 29G, with SW shouldn't hurt, you are only talking about maybe 2 gallons or less, right?

Alot of those machines that sell the water are located outside the stores too. The stores dont have to be open but you have to have your own containers.

could boil a pot of water. that should give u some decently clean water to top up with. better than tap for sure if u cant get the distilled.

Now that your emergency is over you need to get an emergency jug or two of distilled for future emergencies or maybe even a RO/DI unit. Emergencies cause anxious moments but it`s always good to learn from them.

Back
Top Bottom