rusted glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spikey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just brought my self a hammer algae scrapper and added a mettle scrapper to it. Unfortunately, I left the scrapper in the tank overnight and it rusted and has left a rust stain on the glass.

Can any one recommend a way to get rid of the stain??

is the tank up and running? how big? metal and water (esp salt) is not a good thing. You should rethink your purchase

I agree. I would try scraping it and using a siphon to get the rust out.
I do use a metal blade to scrape my glass, but I rinses and dry it as soon as I am done. At the first sign of rust, it goes in the trash.

is the tank up and running? how big? metal and water (esp salt) is not a good thing. You should rethink your purchase

I wouldn't rethink the purchase... just don't store it in the tank! Those metal blades for those scapers are great in my opinion. (Storing any magnetic scraper in the tank isn't really a good thing - they just become coated with algae!)

I normally clean remove and rinse with clean water; with all mistakes, I was tired and did not realise I left it in until the next day (too late). I think the cleaner and scraper are the best thing I have ever purchased; however, as we all know it should never be left in the tank. The area is only small, I will try scraping it off.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom