Sabae Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geckofrog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if anyone had sucess/experience at sabae anemones?

Debating whether to get one, any particulars the sabae's like?

thanks

-Ryan

ok, after looking at your info, I would say you are at the bare minimum of lighting but it should be do able. The anemone will move higher in the rocks if it wants more intense light.

The other concern would be how long your tank has been up and running. Anemone are not recommended for unseasoned tanks under a year of age. You also need to consider what other tank inhabitants you have as anemone can be aggressive.

I just read this:
As its name implies, the Sebae Anemone is a delicate anemone, and easily damaged. It can be difficult to acclimate, so its care should only be attempted by the most experienced aquarists. It prefers to have a sandy substrate allowing its base to be hidden from sight. It should not be placed on a rock. It requires strong lighting, moderate water flow, porous live rock, and a variety of sandy and rocky locations from which it can choose to live. The addition of a Clownfish such as the Clarki Clown,Amphiprion clarki, can help it acclimate to the tank and ensure its general well being. It is a moderately difficult anemone to care for, but once acclimated, it can be very hardy.

Yea I read that too, lol.
Thats why i was asking
I already have a BTA and he lovess me, but sabae scares me, although I think its prettier :)

I've had no luck with sebae anemones. I've read from plenty of sites that they should be kept by experienced aquarists only. Never buy a white one. They look nice, but they are dying. This means they have lost most of their zooxanthelia. A healthy one is a dull brown color.

Saying that...I know two people whom have kept sebaes alive for more than a year. :)

Just my experiences.

Back
Top Bottom