Sacrophyton moving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shirtlessbill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

This is my first week back from a 3 week business trip (had my lfs help take care if my tank) and I noticed something interesting. It looks like one of my sacrophyton has tilted it's "head" and is moving across my rock work. Also, he left some of himself behind. I figure this is a propagation technique? Also his polyps aren't even a quarter of the way out. I'm not worried about this but I thought I'd ask for some insight.

So you know all the facts I did move both of my PH 1400 down the glass about and inch and a half.

Thanks

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• image-3065347167.jpg
    image-3065347167.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 80
  • image-4175218839.jpg
    image-4175218839.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-119668680.jpg
    image-119668680.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 97
I've been told/heard of them moving, maybe it doesn't like where it's at.

Yeah probably. Interesting though, it's been in that same spot or over 9 months now. Will the piece it left begin to grow? Or should I remove it from the tank?

Yeah probably. Interesting though, it's been in that same spot or over 9 months now. Will the piece it left begin to grow? Or should I remove it from the tank?

I'd say leave it alone and see what you get!
Be cool if it started growing

It should grow into another as long as parameters are stable. Softies can come back/grow from tiny chunks of tissue sometimes.

Cool. Yeah the tank is in a good spot. Params seem to be great. Having a lot of growth from all of my corals

Back
Top Bottom