sad day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
was rearranging corals today to find my lawn mower blenny dead , strange part he came out this morn for feeding , I had him almost 6 years no signs of any one picking on him , I know for a fact he didn't starve as he ate like a pig,
he even had a bellie like me :D he is going to be missed , I'll have to get me another just hope he has as good a personality he did ,

Sorry about losing your Lawnmower; what an accomplishment though to have had him for six great years. :) I have kept them before, they are indeed cute little guys!

Last edited:
Lawnmowers are odd things. Sorry it happened, but this isn't the first mystery death like this I've read about. After 6 years I'm sure old age kicked in. The one in my tank I've been saying for the longest time he's a goner, but just never happens. Sometimes they just starve even when they are eating and there is plenty to eat.

my puffers looking all over the rocks for him this morn , they were best buds, they always swam around together ,

Sorry to hear this. That is a great age for a fish like that. They are so darn cute. Hoping your new one will be as fun and spunky, and match your personality!

Yeah, I take roll call as soon as my feet hit the ground every morning. So far, I must be doing something right. And, as is what happened to you, you could turn your back and they'd be gone. I'm so sorry. :(

I think that could definitely be it, 54seaweed. I just looked up their lifespan in people's tanks and it brought me to a Canadian aquarium forum. The most popular option selected in the poll there was "1-2 years." I would you say you did a great job in keeping him alive for his lifespan!

Back
Top Bottom