sad day!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys i recived my first lost of the tank! but it was not my fault. well i dont think it is but it might.
i think my large clown thrown the small clown over the edge of the tank :cry: well mabey not that forsay but i think my small clown jumped out of the tank last night and i didnt hear him :oops: i searcher all over the tank this morning and didnt find him anywhere. so i started to look on the floor around the tank and seen him dead. :x i didnt think damsle fish could jump. i have a open top aquarium to help with the exchange of O2, but i think it came to hunt me last night.
i guess i will get a sixline next and hope for the best. i have millions of pods and their getting huge. some are the size of my snails.

plus i looked in the tank last night and seen some red alage on a part of my rock. how do i take care of that? its the first time i seen it. also i want to know if some hair alage woould be bad for the tank?
thanks
michael

My maroon jumped.
Can you get a pic of the red "algae"?
Some hair algae means you have excess nitrience in the tank. I have a tiny patch that will come back every once in a while, when I don't do my regular PWCs.

you know now that i think of it. i didnt have this stuff befor i made my own food. but i think i have only ever feed them it once or twice. would that have done it? i will cut back lighting and i am getting rdy to do a waterchange so i will siphone most of it out i hope.
its on a peice of tonga branch so i will pull it out and scrub it with a bush if i have to.
i cant get a good picture with my camra. it dont work well. dont buy fuji its crap.

Fuji good.

I've sold them for a few years.
E-mail me what one you got if you like. Maybe I can help ya fig it out.
If your camera has a Macro function try useing that.

Sorry about your loss but as you know it is part of the hobby.

yea i am sad but its ok. i will see if i can find somthing to enclose it a little bit. i hope it dont happen with my large clown. i am going to get a six line next week. i want to find a health one. as far as my camra its a fuji fine pics E500 its about 3yrs old and i have no idea how to work it. :(

Sorry to hear about the clown. Fish that are being harassed are more likely to jump-maybe the larger was chasing it.? Just be sure your next fish will be ok w/ the clown and an open top. HTH and best of luck to you.

i didnt see him bothering it. on the contrary i always seen them swim side by side. would a sixline work well with my lrg clown? or mabey a dwarf lion fish?

I'm not very familiar w/ lionfish, but with the clown established in the tank a sixline should not be much of an issue. Sixlines are tough and the two fish are usually compatible. If you see aggression issues, maybe cover the top of the tank w/ some screen, etc. temporarily until everyone gets settled in. Just be sure to allow for CO2 exchange.

The lionfish will eat anthing it can get in his mouth....and believe me, they have big mouths.
As for covering the top, you can use some egg crate. You can get the egg crate at Lowes or Home Depot.

cool, i didnt know they had such big mouths, i must have a lion fish that live in my home. (lol just kidding). :) well i really like the idea of a lion fish, if you think he would eat the clown then its a negitive on him. i might look into getting a sixline, i been doing some research on-line and think i found one, so i hope to have him in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom