Sad Day(Updated Pix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've posted about my Crosshatch Trigger that i am keeping in my reef and how she has been a model citizen and that she got along with the other fish. Well recently she has taken a turn for the worse and is unbearably nasty during feeding, chasing the flame wrasse and chevron tang away from every piece of food they try to eat, even sometime nipping at the wrasse. So today she is going back to the fish store. Since i am pretty friendly with one of the managers i am getting a pretty good deal for her, but its still a little upsetting, its one of my favorite fish. Only upside is that i will be trading her for a 2.5", yup 2.5", Sargassum Trigger. I have never seen one that small and when i saw it i knew that was the only option i would consider if i took my Crosshatch back. I have heard that the Sargassums are the most mild mannered of the so called "reef safe" triggers, so hopefully getting it at such a small size and letting it grow with the other fish present will help it be even more even tempered. I'll post pics of the new guy as soon as i can.

Yes sometimes fish will be OK and then Wham, They just change. I had some angels that I had that were good for 4 yrs and then all of a sudden they went coral crazy. I hope all goes well but be prepared.

Thats a bummer about your crosshatch trigger.

Your lucky though with that sargassum trigger with it being so small. I can't wait to get my hands on one for my tank!!

Here's the pix. I know this isnt the forum for pix but i figured since this was the thread i started about the fish that it would be ok to put them here. These r the best shots i got of him. You can see how small he is in the pix with the Koralia PH behind him and the one with the MagFloat and Ricodia in it. (the Ricordia is about 2" across for reference)

[/img]
img_817302_0_8864de89432b411733a21e4edd1efd96.jpg

img_817302_1_a9b41a7e35ce4b8435d6048202bb89d5.jpg

img_817302_2_19f4fe13f2b575150bc27f702c34611b.jpg

[/img]
img_817302_3_53e9e53063a7e2b10b76c271d96830ad.jpg

just out of curiosity what did the store charge for that fish? marinecenter.com just got one in stock but they want 200 for it... probably +20-40 or so for shipping.

My lfs charges 200$ for them anywhere from 3-5 inches. Bigger than that is usually a little more expensive and u rarely if ever c them smaller, like this guy, but they had him listed for 200$ also because it is rare to c them this small.

hmm... wonder if i should jump on it, marinecenter still has their sarg trig. $59 for shipping though kinda sucks. is that common for online? (never bought anything online except a cleanup crew which was free shipping)

idk, i refuse to buy fish online because i like to c the fish in person before i buy. my lfs will sell fish out of state and ship them overnight and i dont think its as much as that website either. They have a 3-4" sargassum right now if u want the info pm me.

I know it's not the original topic but it went there. I purchased fish from Saltwaterfish.com and they were great. I too like to see what I'm purchasing, but the fish I received from them were great. Could not have picked better specimens. That trigger is also a great looking fish. Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom