Saddleback clown hosting a wellsophyllia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tkey3425

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a black saddleback clown and he is roughly 2-2.5 inches in size and he is not really hosting as much as sleeping on my wellsophyllia brain coral. If I move the coral, it goes right back to it. I assume this saddleback has become the female as it has doubled in size compare to the other saddleback purchased at the same time. The smaller clown doesn't go near the brain but when the lights come on the two pair up and are side by side until lights out. Then this goes on again. I guess my question if I haven't lost you already haha is 1. Will it hurt the brain coral? 2. Will the brain coral's tentacles hurt my clown? I've never seen its feeder or feeler tentacles before Ben when feeding mysis. It just closes up over them.

Any closer and it came up for food lol

Attachments

• image-3346254934.jpg
    image-3346254934.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 100
I had the same thing happen and after a while he rubbed the tissue off the skeleton and it went down hill from there. I ended up loosing the coral. He then moved on to a big Lobo and did the same thing, I lost that one the same way. That was my experience with my pesky clown hosting coral.

I had the same thing happen and after a while he rubbed the tissue off the skeleton and it went down hill from there. I ended up loosing the coral. He then moved on to a big Lobo and did the same thing, I lost that one the same way. That was my experience with my pesky clown hosting coral.

Dang he's not even moving when he gets into the coral. He's just laying on it. I literally thought it was eating the clown then I realized what he was doing. I'm debating on trading all my coral in anyway this weekend.

Dang he's not even moving when he gets into the coral. He's just laying on it. I literally thought it was eating the clown then I realized what he was doing. I'm debating on trading all my coral in anyway this weekend.

a picture of mine doing the same with a bubble coral

100_0638.JPG

Mine would snuggle in there and wiggle away for hours at a time. Never stopped moving so thats what caused the damage I'm sure...

Wait, what, unicorn dust? Do they sell that at the LFS? Does it matter what kind of unicorn? Can I make my own for cheaper? Do skimmers skim out the dust? Should I run carbon if I'm running dust?

Wait, what, unicorn dust? Do they sell that at the LFS? Does it matter what kind of unicorn? Can I make my own for cheaper? Do skimmers skim out the dust? Should I run carbon if I'm running dust?

Unicorn dust when dosed at 15ml a day will make all parameters perfect and maintain even the pickiest corals.

I read on another reef forum that it can cause PH spikes of dosed to quick, is this true? liveaquaria.com doesn't stock it so I'm guessing its pretty hard to come by. If anyone is fragging horn let me know cause I'd like to buy a plug or two...

I read on another reef forum that it can cause PH spikes of dosed to quick, is this true? liveaquaria.com doesn't stock it so I'm guessing its pretty hard to come by. If anyone is fragging horn let me know cause I'd like to buy a plug or two...

Yeah I run my ph at 11.2 when dosing unicorn dust. My corals really like it

Back
Top Bottom