Saddleback making noises.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easyian

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my saddleback for over a year and have never heard hide nor hare from him until I introduced a sebae anemone to the tank about three weeks ago. It is kind of weird cause when I feed the anemone I put a chunk of shrimp at the far end of the tank to get him away to get a clear shot at the anemones mouth. The saddleback always goes for the shrimp but when he has a chunk if any other tank mates challenge him for it he makes a popping noise. It is so loud that the first time I heard it I thought that the tank was cracking and was frantically searching for the source. Then I noticed that another fish was trying for the shrimp and the saddle back would kinda jump and make the noise. I only thought that the Clarkii made a noise and it was like a barking not a popping.

My four stripe damsel makes noise when he challenges with a "tail wag". I believe what is happening is that a "hole" is being made in the water and the noise that you hear is the water collapsing back into the hole. Like what is happening when we hear thunder, only produced with water.

Pretty cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom