Safe to add more fish yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I I've been testing for 5 of the 7 weeks my tank has been up. Every time everything was zero until today I had some change like stuff is starting to break down. Nitrate 5.0 ppm amonia . 25 ppm PH 8.0. And also my cyano died down a lot and all my stuff is doing good. I had other fish besides my maroon clown in the past but they only last like a week then die. Not because my maroon pickes on them he doesn't. I have some basic corals they look great. Especialy my Xenia. Am I ready for fish now. I also have another damsel I need to get rid of. I also know I need more live rock. I'm getting some soon.

Attachments

• image-2664243050.jpg
    image-2664243050.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3999883502.jpg
    image-3999883502.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image-937254811.jpg
    image-937254811.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2720214689.jpg
    image-2720214689.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 109
  • image-481255410.jpg
    image-481255410.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3084474582.jpg
    image-3084474582.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 117
Hi there, I wouldn't add any more fish in there just yet. You have to get your ammonia and trates down. Do pwc and retest. See if that helps. You want to have 0 across the board and the slowly add fish, Like 1 per month. what size thank is that?

It's a 29 gal. And actually I lied I forgot to let the nitrate test sit for five mins it's actually at 0 ppm it's only my amonia at 0.25 but that's very low. I must have missed my spike sometime last week or somthing. But I was thinking about getting a yellow watchmen goby today?

Just to be safe, I'd to a PWC and then retest again. If all numbers are back to normal i don't see why not. I'd give it another week just to make sure - IMO. I'd hate to lose another fish ya know?

Yea true. But I don't understand wy if all the live rock sand water and my old filter from my 10 gallon tank that was up for 6 months why it's like this. I think my maroon may be one of the problems with it. And I'm just having some cyano and algea blooms. I also was over feeding but I stopped. The goby could probly stay out of site of my maroon. I had a Nox angel and he only died becouse a rock fell on him.

Going to get a fish today probly a tiger goby or six line wrasse

The only fish they had I liked was the bicolor angel I know hes rated for 50 gals but I should be upgrading again next year. Also they had them in there reef tank so he should be fine with corals as long as he's fed.

Attachments

• image-1640309949.jpg
    image-1640309949.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 101
So you have a bicolor angel and a maroon clown in a 10g tank? I know you said you plan on upgrading next year, but both these fish really need more space than that. I'm not saying it needs to be 70g tank, but I would not put either one in anything less than 30g. Was your ammonia zero before you added it?
You seem to be going really fast with this tank, which usually ends up badly in SW. I don't mean to be harsh, but a maroon in a 10g was pushing it already cuz they get big (6" Max size). And now there's another fish too big for this tank in there. You can't just buy whatever fish the store happens to have at the time, research needs to be done on each fish and only added if its appropriate for the tank you currently have, which neither one of these fish really are appropriate for a 10g.

Tha op has a 30g but I still wouldn't put either of them in that size tank. I think you might want to keep some water on hand in case you have a another spike in ammonia at least you will be able to do a pwc in an emergency. I do agree ya might need to slow down a wee bit and let you tank stableize. When did you transfer from the 10g to the 30g?

Tha op has a 30g but I still wouldn't put either of them in that size tank. I think you might want to keep some water on hand in case you have a another spike in ammonia at least you will be able to do a pwc in an emergency. I do agree ya might need to slow down a wee bit and let you tank stableize. When did you transfer from the 10g to the 30g?

Sorry. I only saw the 10g reef listed in the profile.

I still think that ya need to slow down a little, especially since you just had readable ammonia levels in the tank very recently.

You should have 0 ammonia. You tank is way to new to support a nem. they need stable pristine water conditions. Your nem looks ver beached. What lighting is it under.

My amonia is at 0 ppm I tested befor I got the fish. And its been over a month since the 29 gal was set up and all the water rock and sand from my 10 gallon went into the 29 gal. My tank is cycled. And it's only a condy anemone. My lfs is closing so I just took the nem. And also I have xzenia which grows rapidly and some zoas which are healthy I'm also ordering an hob refugium within the next week.

My lighting is aquasun t5 high output. And the men's bleached bc my lfs wasnt caring for it. It's still recovering they had it under no light for a while.

Will the angel eat my pellet food bc he won't or will he mostly graze off the rock bc that's what he's doing

Angels graze, but mine have always eaten food that I put in too.

I'd be worried about having those two fish in a smaller that recommended tank. Clowns tend to have their "space" and every dwarf angel I've ever had usually ended up having a certain part of the tank that it considered home. Having two territorial fish in close quarters could lead to aggression or at least stress.

The maroon and angel get near eachother with no agression tho. It could just mean he's not hungry bc I put food in and he kept swimming. Also I had an angel befor but I dropped a rock on him.

My bi color took a week before he started even eating a little. Now he eats the most but they take a while to settle down.

Back
Top Bottom