Safe to re-use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am soon converting my 37g fresh to a 37g reef and my question is when i first started i used copper ich cure,so if i empty the tank completely and scrub it clean and then put all new stuff in it,is it safe to use?

Not safe. Rule of thumb is to never use anything that has been exposed to copper in a reef, or any tank that contains inverts. Any trace amount of copper is toxic to them. There are also some fish such as the mandarins and scooters (dragonets) that are scaless, and should not be exposed to anything that contains/has been in contact with copper.

Sharklover said:
I am soon converting my 37g fresh to a 37g reef and my question is when i first started i used copper ich cure,so if i empty the tank completely and scrub it clean and then put all new stuff in it,is it safe to use?

Fill it up and test for copper, if it's still in the tank you'll see it and know right away IMO. Some say muriatic acid will clear it out.

Back
Top Bottom