Safe use of 'Extreme Garlic'??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philthefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I have used Extreme Garlic in the past to encourage new fish to eat......is there a safe amount that can be used per day/week??? The bottle just says do not exceed 2 drops per feeding. How many feeds per day is that safe for?

Phil

How often are you feeding?

Most people here are feeding 2-3 times per week, not per day.

Are you planning on adding more rock? You can add an equal amount of base rock under your LR and then be in the range of 1½-2 pounds of rock/gallon. At that point you can use the cannister filter for just flow and maybe carbon 1 week/month.

I have been using Extreme Garlic with every feeding for 2 years now without any problem. I feed them once every other day with 2 drops of garlic. I find them healthier and has better appetite.

Thanks....

I only feed once per day (usually have 1 or 2 days per week without feeding) so I'll continue using it with every feed.

Phil

I have used it a an ich treatment/preventative in the past and use one drop per 10 gallons in addition to food suppliments with no problem. Worked great!

You're fine with that feeding schedule. I add quite a bit to my blender mush and soak flake and nori sometimes too.

Back
Top Bottom