Sailfin Aggression toward Goldflake Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhuls15

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey-
I just added a Goldflake Angel to my 180gal. I have always read that you want to put the angel fish in last. Now that I have added my last fish, the goldflake angel, my sailfin tang has become unbelievably aggressive toward it. This fish has always been peaceful to anything in my tank. I just added the goldflake on Sunday and my light have been off now for 24 hours. The goldflake is hiding under a rock and the sailfin is just circling that area. I am going to attempt to turn the lights on in the morning. Is this aggression going to stop? I love that sailfin but I am afraid I am going to have to pull him out, the goldflake is just to pretty to take back
Thanks for all the help

I agree with Steve. Try moving the rocks around so they each have to find their own new territory instead of having one trying to defend their exsisitng one. Other then that, give it some time. Have a QT tank ready in case you need to remove one due to injury or agression.

Back
Top Bottom