Sailfin is a jerk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a sailfin tang that's a jerk, he is picking on my swallowtail and i don't want to loose my fish. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking about putting him in the refugium for a few days. Would that be safe?

My tank is a 80 gallon and I just got the swallowtail yesterday

How bad is the bullying? My sailfin never messed with any of my new additions but for some reason after i added a tiger watchman goby he nipped the crap out of it until it died. Dont know what compelled him to. A timeout in the sump might help if its just trying to show its dominance.

Yeah it's pretty bad he does that with all of my new fish he is just showing whose boss and he usually stops after like a week or two but I don't think my swallowtail will last that long they are just so delicate. My refugium is pretty small and I'm scared that it will be two small for the sailfin but i just don't want to loose my swallowtail

Being as the tank is so small that might be an issue that is contributing to the bullying. How large is the sailfin?

Yea ive done it on two occasions (in fuge). Once for my female clown for 2 weeks and she had a good attitude adjustment after that. Another for a large foxface for 2 weeks (only because it turned on my corals and i tried to re home it. After a week the foxface just seemed miserable. If you do, i wouldnt leave it in there for more than a few days to a week.

Back
Top Bottom