Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushwood View Post
Your tang will be fine in the 75 just get him a new home when he out-grows the tank. I would get rid of your six line wrasse and put in a few green chromis and maybe your favorite goby. Good luck catching the six line though, they are sooo quick!
Sail Fins are not fine in a 75. Everyone says they are going to upgrade and or find them a new home when they get bigger, but it never happens. Thats all Im going to say on the subject,

Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

The male sailfin tends to grow larger then the female hence needing more room but the female or male as a juvenile can be kept in a 75 but will require more space as it gets older and I must admit he is right a lot of people say they will upgrade when their fish out grows their tank but honestly speaking how many people will upgrade a tank to accommodate just one fish?

Old 11-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Well I am saying that the sailfin is fine in the 75 assuming that the owner would upgrade the tank later on to accommodate the fish. There is nothing we can do if the owner does not find a better means of living for the fish in its adult stage. I personally love upgrading systems so putting my fish in a bigger better home is no problem.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral View Post

Sail Fins are not fine in a 75. Everyone says they are going to upgrade and or find them a new home when they get bigger, but it never happens. Thats all Im going to say on the subject,
Agreed. Your sail fin doesn't have enough room. Even when small he needs swimming space. We say this over and over and many just ignore the advice, so it's your tank. I too have made my only comment.

Tags
problem, sailfin, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com