Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Sailfin Tang with an attitude?

The only thing that lived through the fish experience with Jeff's was a Sailfin Tang. (I think alot of the problem was that the water was 68 degrees upon arrival, we even took a pic of the fish in a bowl with the thermometer as he had a hard time believing that could have happened)

But back to my question. This fish is in really good shape. Eating well right out of the box. Has decided he owns the tank. So much that he waits in front of the liverock for the eel to show and then beats him with his tail.
I have watched him literally "back into" a hole to whack him with his tail.
He has no issues with the blennie or the tomato clown, yet he definitely has it out for poor blizzard. We have had to start giving blizzard his food into the liverock so that the fish does not smack him around. Here, we were worried that the eel would be too aggressive with the fish...hmmm.

Any ideas as to why this fish is like this or what we can do to cure the problem?

Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 01:36 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
Not sure what I can offer except to agree with you that sailfins are very aggressive and territorial. No sure why he has it in for the eel. Collective experience seems to say that tangs are aggressive only to similar size/shape fish. Dunno...

Anemoneman is offline   Reply With Quote

sailfin, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com